11.14.2008

A couple things...

First off, the website's back up! Yay for technologically capable boyfriends!

Secondly, a little personal update. I have joined weight watchers. Slightly embarrassed about it, but, it's working! I finally decided to do it when one of my brides told me she lost 30 pounds before her wedding on it! I've lost 10 pounds and counting. Woo! If anyone's thinking about it, I'd definitely recommend it!

And finally, another little recommendation from your friend, the music snob :)

Brandy Carlile's The Story. Many of you have probably heard it before, but I just had to mention it. The other day when it came on the radio, I could feel every emotion in my being rising up with the urge to cry and sing along at the top of my lungs!
Hopefully, you too will see the beauty and passion in it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ_3bYXAsmM

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope I was the bride who inspired you :) Thats awesome that its working for you!
Jill

Nicole Ladonne Blair said...

It was definitely you! I just didn't want to call you out :)

Anonymous said...

I was a little embarrassed about it at first too. But I realized, I worked my butt off (literally and figuratively) to lose the weight and I am proud of every pound :)
Jill

Brooke said...

Hey Nicole,

Thats great. I am actually doing it online and have lost 15 already. Keep it up!

Brooke :)

Anonymous said...

My boyfriend join weight watchers almost a year ago and has lost almost 90 pounds! He looks completely different. If it works for him it would work for anyone! Good luck!

Nicole Ladonne Blair said...

thanks for the encouragement, guys!

Stevie said...

I love that song. I went through a time a few weeks ago where I would listen to it over and over again.

Anonymous said...

Mike & I just joined last week! We have a couple friends doing it who have lost about 60 lbs. combined...we're sharing "points" tips! Good luck!